Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Spoiled already?

I have developed a new craving over the last couple of days. Jeff has spent the last two evenings buying and cooking me steak. He's such a dedicated husband and dad! Last night, he finally resigned himself to the fact that this craving could stick around for a while and bought a package of steaks to keep in the freezer. He has pointed out that this is probably the most expensive craving that I could have. :) Does this qualify as spoiling the baby already?

I spent some time arranging my classroom yesterday, although between the sickness, the excitement, the pregnancy "stupidness", and my tendency to talk and talk, I'm not very focused or productive yet. I'm really happy to start the school year. I didn't realize how much I had missed the staff and the kids. I was able to get through the day only sharing my news with two new people. I guess that's not much of an accomplishment, considering that the people I see the most already know. It sounds like the news is spreading around to others though. :)

Today the baby and I will visit the dentist and the eye doctor. I'm a little scared that I might throw up on the dentist, so please pray for me...or better yet, pray for him! :)

My next OB appointment is Thursday at 3:00, right after my first official day of work. I am REALLY REALLY hoping that we get to hear the heartbeat! We are well past the time when we lost our first baby, and statistically, the chance that anything could go wrong at this point is really really low (I have read below 3 percent) since we have seen the heartbeat, but of course a mother still worries like crazy. This will be my first pregnancy visit with the actual doctor who (with the luck of timing) will probably be delivering the baby. Up to this point, I have seen the nurse practitioner, who is wonderful. My doctor is Dr. K, and according to our family friend, Sue, who works in labor and delivery at the hospital, he is the BEST.

No comments: