Thursday, December 29, 2005

Contractions

Doctors appointment update...although I have lost two pounds in the last two weeks, my uterus is now measuring 5 weeks ahead...I have the belly of someone who is 36 weeks pregnant! :) My uterus is all the way up to my ribcage now. The doctor said we'll definitely have another ultrasound in a few weeks to check on her size and growth.

I have been having really yucky contractions, so the doctor checked me out and said that my cervix is okay. My pee-in-a-cup test showed that I am very dehydrated, so that is probably the cause of the contractions. It all started with being so sick last week, and it has been difficult to get used to drinking fluids again. I'm trying to drink as much as I can so that hopefully the contractions will stop. Some of them are pretty painful, making me seriously doubt how long I'll be able to make it in actual labor without an epidural!

No comments: