Thursday, December 22, 2005

30 Weeks

30 weeks today, 3/4 of the way there! I feel like the last couple of weeks have gone slowly, so it's nice to finally be at the 30 week landmark.

That "miserable cold" I thought I was getting turned out to be much more than I bargained for. It was some sort of nasty flu bug plus a sinus infection and the worst cough I can ever remember having in my life. I was off work Monday and Tuesday and saw my family practice doctor. I am still having some bad coughing/asthma episodes and am very short of breath and wheezy. It's very unnerving that I'm being told very different things by my OB and my family practice doctor regarding which medicines I should be taking. The OB pretty much tells me to take anything I need because it's important to make sure that the baby gets enough oxygen and nutrition. The family practice doctor doesn't want me taking anything at all, and he said the only safe antibiotic is Amoxicillin. (I have already taken other antibiotics prescribed by my OB earlier in this pregnancy.) The OB has also been very concerned about dehydration (I wasn't able to swallow fluids for a few days because of the cough and choking), but the family practice doctor shrugged his shoulders and said if I don't drink anything, I'll just pee less. The family practice doctor delivered babies for 30 years (He would have delivered Jeff if he hadn't been on vacation). I don't know who I should believe, and it makes me worry a lot that I have done something to hurt Alyssa. Thankfully, I'm getting better now that I have figured out that the biggest problem is asthma, so the only things I am taking now are my inhaler and Afrin.

No comments: