Sunday, January 8, 2006

Not all fun and games...

7 1/2 weeks until our due date, and we're counting down. :) I LOVE having Alyssa inside me, and I will really miss having that bond with her, but I'm getting very uncomfortable. Staying hydrated is a constant struggle, and my contractions are almost all the painful kind now. On the 31st, I had contractions every 30 minutes all day long, and they hurt. Thankfully, they stopped, and I am not getting them so regularly anymore. The smallest tasks are getting more difficult now. There are times that standing, walking, getting in and out of the car, bending over, and even rolling over in bed can be really challenging. :) I have to laugh about it or I'd be miserable!!! It's funny to think that THIS is what I have waited and prayed for for so long. Women (myself included) choose to go through this ON PURPOSE??? :) No one tells you about the yucky parts of pregnancy. (I guess if they did, no one would want to get pregnant!) :) In the end, though, it will be more than worth it, which I'm sure is why no one feels the need to mention the unpleasant parts very often.

Alyssa is very active right now. As soon as she hears Jeff or me talk (or cough or sneeze) in the morning, she wakes up and starts dancing. I wish I could see her and know exactly what she's doing and which part of her body is making that big bump on the side of my belly. :) I had another dream the other night that Alyssa kicked her little foot out (though this time she put it out through the right place instead of directly through my belly). This time, Jeff took her foot and pulled her right out. :)

My baby shower at work is this week, and I'm SO excited!!! I have been waiting for this for what feels like forever! It will be so fun to celebrate with my friends. As much as I'm excited to spend every minute I can with Alyssa when she's born, I already feel a little sad that I won't see my work friends every day for at least 5 months. I work in a great place with awesome people.

No comments: