Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Exhausted

Sorry it has been so long since an update. I have been busy playing nurse. Jeff has been really sick, requiring a trip to the ER for a high fever last Thursday. He has the same thing I had before Christmas. He is still feeling awful, but he's on the road to recovery now. His cough is improving enough that he actually slept for a 3-hour period without waking up last night. (I, on the other hand, was awake every hour to go to the bathroom!) :)

My shower at school last Wednesday was SO much fun! I was really overwhelmed with all of the awesome gifts, and it was really neat to spend that time with everyone.

Since our house has been a quarantine zone, no one has been able to visit and see our gifts yet, and I haven't had time to write thank-yous or put things away yet, so our living room is full of gift bags full of presents right now. It looks like Christmas! (Come to think of it, there is still a Christmas tree out there too.) :) Grandma and Grandpa Cook are coming over this weekend to help do some work on Alyssa's room and get things organized.

Since the fFN test was negative, the doctor is letting me keep working, but I have been strictly ordered to rest. I said to the nurse "He said to just rest when I can, right?" and she said "NO!...he said to rest AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!" I thought that would be difficult, but I'm SO tired right now that it's not hard at all! I even lie down on the couch at work for 15 minutes or so every day during my lunch break. I have never been able to nap much during the day, but right now I feel like I could take a nap anytime, anywhere! :)

No comments: