Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best birthday ever!

Jeff and I went to Meijer this morning, and we looked at all the toys and thought about which ones Alyssa might want to play with someday. It will be fun if she plays with My Little Ponies like I did when I was little! We also pointed out some toys that we hope she never catches onto. :) We looked at all the cute girly bikes, and I said a quick prayer that she will choose the purple and green designs instead of the boring all-pink ones. :) Pink just isn't my favorite color. Pretty much everything for little baby girls is pink (probably to avoid that awkward supermarket comment, "What a cute little boy you have!"), but we will definitely make sure she has clothes in a variety of colors once she gets big enough. :)

This has been the best birthday time I have ever had. I honestly couldn't come up with any gifts to ask for last week. I have everything I could ever ask for! It's kind of funny how things change. Growing up, no one wants to get underwear for their birthday. But I think the birthday gift that excited me the most this year was a package of big (huge!) underwear. They make both Alyssa and me feel a whole lot more comfortable! :)

Tomorrow, we will take the traditional trip to the pumpkin patch with my dad and the gang. We'll let Alyssa out of the "You have to carry your own pumpkin" rule for this year at least. :)

No comments: