Sunday, September 11, 2005

"Just like you!"

We had our doctor's appointment on Friday, and everything went well! I'll get some bloodwork done in a couple of weeks, and our ultrasound and next appointment are on October 6th. The nurse seemed to feel pretty sorry for me that I'm still so sick, which was strangely comforting in a way because it makes me believe that this really isn't the norm and that chances are it will get better soon. She also said that she remembers what morning sickness was like, and now that she has a middle-schooler (who was attending her first school dance that evening) and a high-schooler, she is still nauseous-just for different reasons. :) So I guess I had better get used to it!

We went to a parents and grandparents seminar at Babies R Us this weekend with my dad and stepmom, and it was SO much fun! We played games, got free stuff, and looked at all of the crazy new baby items together. And the grandparents-to-be bought us a stroller and carseat! We now have a nice collection of baby supplies started, so Jeff cleaned out the baby's room this week to make a special place for all of it. It's so fun to go in there and imagine what it will look like in a few months.

My belly is really growing. Although I have only gained a few pounds, I look much farther along than I am. (If we hadn't had an ultrasound that showed only one baby, I'd be a little worried!) On Friday, I was reading a story about seasons with some first graders, and it said that the animals were getting "fat, fat, fat for the winter". One little boy was very excited as he exclaimed..."just like you!" :) What is he going to think in February?!

No comments: